Thursday


It’s almost here. Summer. The weather has warmed up, then cools down, then warms up, then repeat. Yet, in Houston, when it is finally warm, we really mean walking through the water we call humidity.
Though each year we look forward to it. Being able to lay out by the pool. Making weekend trips to the beach with friends. Family Vacations. With every adventure there is usually a song that goes right along with it. I know with my friends – we usually pick one before our adventure and we dub it the theme song as though we were being filmed the whole time ( which in our heads – we are ).  

The summer anthems, the songs you play on repeat on your ipod while getting ready. The song you BLAST in the car with the windows down, and dance to at the stop light. What are they? Who will you be listening to?
Right now – if you are not already listening to this  - I want to introduce you to a whole album I know I will be blasting ( because I already have been ).

Meet:
Marina & The Diamonds.


photo credits: google image search


You might be more firmilar with the song “I Am Not A Robot” but my true favorite is “Oh NO!” on the album The Family Jewels. It’s perfect for summer and it is one that I can relate to. For those that know me you get it.


Here is the music video here. Listen. Watch. 




Go check out the rest of the album. It's all pretty catchy. And share with everyone else - what are some good summer songs. Leave the comments for others to check out as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment